I am looking forward to being with you for your IT Leader Meeting in La Jolla, San Diego on September 18th, in which we will explore the secrets of Enterprise Agility together. Please see my video below and then continue reading below for a little homework/pre-work:
Most people assume that AGILE is for software/IT departments and started with software/IT companies. 100% wrong! As we will explore, AGILE started with hardware manufacturing companies and enterprises across all industry sectors and all functions/departments are now reverting to adopting AGILE … so much so that I like to say that “AGILE is the new LEAN!” It will be great exploring this with you representing two different roles (CTOs: Design & Development and CIOs: Infrastructure & Operations) in two different domains (Healthcare Companies and Technology Companies).
Most people also fall into the mental trap of assuming that start-ups/small-to-medium-sized/mid-market-companies are naturally AGILE and large corporates aren’t. Also 100% wrong! The majority of start-ups/small-to-medium-sized/mid-market-companies are categorically not AGILE, even though they might claim that they are. Nor is the majority of large corporates of course. But there is an increasing minority of both large corporates and start-ups/small-to-medium-sized/mid-market-companies who are becoming AGILE.
More than ever before, I am going to invite you to continue your journey from the majority to the minority. To that end, we will explore the answers to these backbone questions:
- WHY? Why all businesses are figuring out how to pivot to AGILE. Because we live in a world of accelerating VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity & Ambiguity). Utilizing data from our survey of 1000+ (and counting) CEOs and senior Executives, The VUCA Report tracks 35 disruptive VUCA trends and 15 AGILE capabilities. Participate here The VUCA Report so I can bring a comparative dataset for you.
- Follow the link and then click on the buttons to proceed to The VUCA Report survey
- GROUP CODE: leave this blank
- ORGANIZATION NAME – for consistency please use: WCAS
- Deadline for completion is end of day Wednesday September 12th (it only takes 10 minutes to participate)
- WHAT? What is AGILE and what is it not. AGILE is open to a lot of misinterpretation, myths and mental traps which we will shatter. Understanding the AGILITY insights revealed from the design of a fighter-plane and the training of a fighter-pilot. Understanding the challenge of TRIAGE on an offshore drilling rig. Understanding how to institutionalize these AGILITY insights into any business.
- WHO? Most importantly, who do you need to be as a leader in your equation of AGILITY? We will reveal 5 attributes of AGILITY to change your relationship with which reveal 5 roles of Everyday AGILE Leaders. Understanding who you need to be as a team? Understanding who you need to be as an organization.
- HOW/WHERE/WHEN? How, where and when do you get started on your transformation journey to AGILE, enterprise-wide and enterprise-deep. Understanding how to TRIAGE a path which is prone to success. Understanding what to do first, what to do next and what to do after that. Understanding a progressive on-ramp of actions which you can get started with immediately.
I look forward to being with you and getting acquainted. Beforehand, please be considering these Questions-to-Ponder:
- How is your AGILITY being tested these days?
- As an Enterprise?
- With your Innovation?
- With your Business Model Migration?
- As an Organization?
- As a Team?
- As a individual Leader? (Or as an individual Team-Member?)
- What kinds of VUCA are you experiencing?
- What kinds of Wheel$pin are you experiencing? (you aren’t getting traction on your desired trajectory)